Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Eleanor & Park Movie!

Wow, you must think all I care about are YA-movie adaptations. You aren't 100% wrong.

But OMG GUYZZ!!! Rainbow Rowell's unbelievable YA novel Eleanor & Park is being turned into a movie!!! I'm sorry I can't contain my unbiased and overly enthusiastic opinion, but here are the reasons why this adaptation is cool beans:
  1. Rainbow herself is writing the screenplay. ("I have never written a screenplay! Suckers!" she said, laughing. "But I had never written a book before I wrote a book. I'm going to do my best.")
  2. She wants virtually unknown actors to be in it. Why? "They are unusual people to be in movies and to star in movies. There's not a lot of chubby redheads and 16-year-old Korean guys who star in movies."
  3. Even the studio bigwigs felt a connection with the book. (Holly Bario, DreamWorks president of production, admitted: "It reminded all of us of our own sort of awkwardness, or family dysfunction.")
  4. Rainbow wants to get The Mountain Goats to do the music for the movie. ("I listened to them pretty much constantly while I was writing the book.")
  5. She also wants a female director for the film. ("I would love it if it were a director who could make it her own.")
  6. This quote hints to maybe some special effects--perhaps like a comic book??
  7. "The book is uniquely structured in that one chapter is told by Eleanor and one chapter is told from Park’s perspective, and they alternate,” Bario points out. “So we’re trying to figure out how to do that in a movie. There are all storts of groovy stylistic things you could do with voice over, or words on the screen, but we want something that’s real Rainbow."
  8. Can you imagine the amazing 80's hair and makeup and clothes they're going to have?? Between Eleanor's mane of red hair and Park's mom's Avon makeup skillz and Eleanor's DIY clothes sitch and Tina's 'tude, it's going to be off tha hook! Look for every homecoming/party/prom to be 80's throwback themed.
Whew, I can't handle this, you guys. I'm going to be on an IV drip by the time the movie comes out.  Luckily DreamWorks is looking to start shooting by 2015, so I'll have plenty of time to prepare myself.

BTW, I almost don't want to ask, but any thoughts for a dreamcast? I know Rainbow wants unknowns for Eleanor and Park, but I couldn't keep Chloe Bridges (Donna LaDonna from The Carrie Diaries) out of my head as Tina.

via rtroncampus.com
She's the perfect example of cliquish mean girl with a few moments of genuine conscience.
What do you guys think? Comment with your suggestions!
Quotes from EW & MTV News

0 comments:

Post a Comment