Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 28, 2015

Hello and Hey from your new YA! ... Librarian


I know, I know. You are looking at this post and thinking, well this is definitely going to be a sad excuse for a literary playlist. I am also a day late. Oops! Don't fret! 1) This isn't a literary playlist at all and 2) we'll get back to those lyrical and literary wonder-posts next month!

We have a transition to note, first! We can't let the YA blog history pass without recognizing the great librarians that write all the goofy stuff on this site.

This month we had to say goodbye (and did so in a depressed and very reluctant fashion) to the wonderful Half-Crazed Librarian (the first) who started this blog. She has since moved on to other great opportunities including going to school for her very own MASTERS in Library Sciences! We didn't want to see her go, but that is one darn good reason to have to. I have no doubt she is blazing new trails and getting all As on her future reports and essays. We love you and wish you well!

This is where I come in. Someone had to step up to the plate and attempt to do justice to the great work that they Half-Crazed Librarian (the first) has done for the teen scene at Massanutten Regional Library. And here I am. I am new to YA programming but I am not new to being a teen (I was one about a decade ago... or so). I love YA literature and am a particular fan of any and all books of the magical realism genre and any and all books featuring a POC (person of color) protagonist. Combine the two and I am one happy reader! I have a lot to learn in this position, am very excited to try new things, and am looking for any and all advice, enthusiasm, and recommendations from YOU (that is if you are a teen and/or are interested in YA literature and programming).

I am going to call myself... yes, get ready...

....


wait for it....

....


The half-crazed librarian! The second. 

Ok, ok, ok. It isn't original BUT I have my reasons (technological, computer-y-type reasons to be more specific). I'll likely continue with the themed-post you saw our former half-crazed librarian but hope to put some new posts up for you to read as well.

So keep an eye out for the classics like YA book club and those beloved literary playlists but, who knows, maybe you'll see something different arise on this feed in the near future as well.

Till next post, adieu!

0 comments:

Post a Comment